Ayurvedic Detox at Sydney (Panchkarma or Cleansing )- An Ayurvedic Mantra of Rejuvenation
Coming from an ocean of natural health tradition (Ayurveda), Panchakarma treatment is world’s most comprehensive cleansing and regeneration protocols. It will detoxify your body to restore equilibrium and deeply relax your body mind and soul.
Panchakarma procedures are five hence the term PANCHA (five) – KARMA (procedures). The five main Karmas to cleanse the complete body are:
- Vamanam (Therapeutic emesis) – By using Herbs Vomiting helps clear the upper gastro till the duodenum (end of stomach) and part of the respiratory tract.
- Virechanam (Purgation) – By using herbs purgation treatment clears the lower gastro from the duodenum (end of stomach) till the exit.
- Anuvasana (Enema using medicated oil) – Oil enema helps lubricate the rectal area and take all the lipid-soluble waste out through the anus.
- Nasyam – Nasal instillation of medicated substances helps clear the respiratory tract and para-nasal sinuses.
- Therapeutic Decoction( Enema) – Decoction enema cleanses the area from the transverse colon till the anus.
Our body works like an automobile so when there is combustion and the vehicle run, a lot of energy is created to propel the vehicle forward. Along with that lot of carbon and waste are also left behind. This is removed from regular service otherwise the performance of the vehicle is affected. Likewise, the body also needs regular cleansing to keep it healthy. Ayurvedic Detox(Panchakarma) helps to gently clear the channels of removal in the body so that everything runs smoothly and efficiently, like a well-oiled machine. In this process, mental and emotional body go through their own cleansing process as well. The mind and body are intricately connected according to Ayurveda. For example, when you feel stress you will always feel it somewhere in your body or when you have a good workout, your mind feels light and clear.
At Ayurveda Bliss what you expect in Ayurvedic Detox (Panchkarma) treatment
Ayurvedic Panchakarma is a unique detox treatment in the sense that it includes preventive, curative and promotive actions for various diseases.
First Step-Preparatory procedure
It required before the main procedure to enable a person to receive the full benefits of the main treatment. It consists of two main processes and help to dislodge the accumulated toxins (Ama) in the body, thus preparing them for their complete removal.
- Snehan (oleation) intake of Ayurvedic herbal ghee or oil according to vikriti (imbalance in body)
- Abhyanga (Ayurvedic oil massage)
Second Step -Main procedure
On completion of the first step, the next step of selecting which of these therapies are needed to be done depending upon the proximity of the toxins.
- Anuvasan basti – Herbal oil enema
- Astapana basti – Therapeutic Decoction herbal Enema
- Shirodhara -Medicated oil poured onto the third eye chakra to pacify the central nervous system
- Pinda sweda -Steamed, herbal pouch used to stimulate points in the body
- Steam bath and number of other appropriate treatments in addition. The effects of the individual therapies systematically build on and complement each other
Third Step – Post-therapy
- Special Diet Plan regimen to restore the body digestive and absorptive capacity to its normal state after therapy.
- Ayurveda Bliss Therapeutic Program
- Rejuvenation treatment
Role of Digestion in maintains good health
According to Ayurveda, good health depends on your body and mind ability to metabolise both good and bad. Digestion or Agni is important as it relates to the metabolism of life. Agni means gastric fire or enzymes and determines how efficiently you can convert the information in the form of food, emotions and experiences into nourishment. A person with strong agni can digest food easily and absorbed information effectively with clear mind and efficiently eliminate unwanted or undigested from your body and mind. When Agni is weak it leads to improper digestion of food and emotions and results in an accumulation of undesired impurities usually referred to as toxins (ama). The Ayurvedic Detox helps to open clogs and remove toxins from the body. Several things can trigger the absorption and generation of those toxins in the body, including:
• Eating wrong or impure foods
• Breathing chemical smells and pollution
• Poor digestion
• Combining foods in unhelpful ways
• Drinking less water or unclean water
• Emotional or physical stress or trauma
When ama has accumulated over a period of time, mental and physical functioning is diminished, and it feels like it takes a lot of energy to get anything done. It is difficult to restore balance and harmony until the impurities have been eliminated. The best way to eliminate toxins is Ayurvedic Detox. Once Agni is strong and ama is reduced you can tackle life a lot easier.
Tips to balance Digestion after Detox :
- Perform yoga or exercise daily. Exercise strengthens the muscles, joints, increases blood flow and improves mood, digestion, absorption and elimination.
- Practice meditation to get rid of stress as it inhibits proper digestion
- Eat to live and not live to eat. Eat at regular times of day, allowing time to fully digest the previous meal before you begin the next one
- Always eat breakfast and the largest meal at lunchtime before 2:00 p.m. and dinner before 07:00 PM. Eating before sleep will tend to produce toxins and dullness in the system
- Eat slowly and avoiding distractions such as TV or computers while you eat
- Eat foods that balance your mind-body constitution (dosha type)
- Use spices that ignite Agni
- Consume whole, chemical-free and organic food that are fresh and vibrant.
- Sip hot water throughout the day
- Eat less meat, cheese and fried food (all Heavy food ) in the night, as they are more difficult to digest
- Occasionally rest your digestion with fast where you consume only liquids (like soup, juice or water)
Ayurveda, the key to longevity and optimal health resides in the strength of digestion. Any digestive issues need to be corrected utilizing an Ayurvedic detox, diet, herbs to balance the state of body and yoga/meditation to balance the mind.
Benefits of Panchakarma (Detox)
You don’t have to be sick to get benefit from detox. If you are healthy, you will become stronger and have more energy. If you are sick, it will gently encourage you back to health in a natural way. Prevention is important! Ayurvedic detox maintains a state of balance will help in the long run and ensure a long wholesome life.
- Alleviation from allergic states such as asthma and hay fever and rhinitis
- Balancing Vata, Pita and Kapha
- Cleanses your body entirely and soothe skin
- Eliminates the metabolic wastes and toxins from your body
- Enhances your strength, energy and brain function
- Enhanced immune system
- Heals digestive system by improving the strength of your digestive juices
- Improve memory and quality of sleep
- Relax your body and mind with reducing stress
- Rejuvenates your tissues and helps you lose weight
- Remove disease-causing toxins and assist better way in chronic illness
- Slows down your aging process
While Panchakarma is normally a comfortable and enjoyable experience, there may be some discomfort associated like emotional up and down, energy low and high during treatment due to the intense release of body toxins.
Ayurveda recommends integrating your “being” into your “doing,” so that your life becomes your “practice.” Whether your focus is on health, wealth, joy or spiritual growth, how you lead your life becomes an expression of who you really are. Let’s Journey into health with Authentic Ayurvedic Detox….At Ayurvedic Bliss we will provide Customised Ayurvedic Detox treatment Plan only after a thorough consultation for 3,5,7,14,21 days as per your problem.